TABA joins Advancing Justice – LA and the LA Law Library to co-sponsor programming at the LA Law Library, 301 W 1st St, Los Angeles, in honor of National Asian Pacific American Heritage Month 2015, directed towards providing assistance to the APA community and raising awareness about its unique social and legal issues.
Register online at www.lalawlibrary.org/classes to reserve a spot for these events! See this flyer for the latest details. Questions may be directed to Christina Yang, Advancing Justice-LA Pro Bono Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, May 2, 12-4 pm: Deferred Action Volunteer Training and Workshop (Free MCLE)
- Thursday, May 14, 6:30-8 pm: Working with Interpreters Training (Free MCLE)
- Friday, May 15, 3-5 pm: Asian Legal Research ($35 MCLE)
- Friday, May 15, 4:15-5:15 pm: Serving Limited-English Proficient Individuals
- Friday, May 15, 4:15-5:15 pm: Understanding Domestic Violence
- Friday, May 15, 5:30-7 pm: API Community Needs and Volunteerism
- Friday, May 15, 7 pm – Concert & Community Celebration, featuring drinks, food, and South Asian musicians (at Ebanos Crossing, 200 S. Hill St., Los Angeles)
- Wednesday, May 20, 6:30-8 pm: Immigration Remedies for Domestic Violence Survivors (Free MCLE)
- Thursday, May 28, 6:30-8 pm: Citizenship Processing Training
On display at the LA Law Library throughout the month of May will also be a display of Asian American art and imagery provided by Visual Communications.