In several countries, the month of September is known as the harvest month, a time where folks come together to harvest crops. For TABA, September is a time to come together to implement the programming we’ve been fundraising for. Please join in the effort!
TABA News, Events and Reminders
- TONIGHT’S TRAINING IS BEING POSTPONED. We will update you shortly. TABA and APAWLA will offer an MCLE Training, “Nuts and Bolts of Human Trafficking for Pro Bono Attorneys”. The training will be lead by Kim Luu-Ng, Esq., founder and managing partner of the KLN Firm. The training will take place at the offices of Asian Americans Advancing Justice in Los Angeles, 1145 Wilshire Blvd. in Conference Room A. Two (2) MCLE Credits are available.
- TABA, in partnership with the Thai Community Development Center and Homelessness Prevention Attorney, Ami Nguyen, will be present a Tenant’s Rights Community Information Session on Saturday, October 15, 2016, at the Hollyview Senior Housing building, 5411 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90027. Ami will discuss issues related to illegal evictions, fair housing, and housing repairs. For more information, please see flyer here. Attendees may RSVP to Panida Rzonca at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-468- 2555.
- TABA will host a Small Business Community Information Session on Sunday, October 2, 2016, at Lincoln Plaza Hotel, 123 South Lincoln Ave., Monterey Park, CA 91755. The event will consist of expert panelists, a tax advisor, business consultant, and employment lawyer, who will discuss various legal issues and offer advice to business owners. Please see the flyer here. Attendees may RSVP to email@example.com.
- TABA Elections are just around the corner! If you would like to join our Board of Governors or run for Executive Board for the 2016-2017 term, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are eager to grow our TABA family!
Thank you to those who have renewed their Membership! It’s never too late; sign up today! The TABA 2016 Membership Form is available under the Membership Tab.
TABA in Action
- The Asian Pacific American Women Lawyer Association Presents:
Asian Pacific American Women Partners Reception
Friday, September 16, 2016
5:30 PM Registration
6:00 PM – 8:00PM Reception
Southwestern Law SchoolThis event will honor the approximately 100 APA Women Partners in LA Law Firms. There will be food, a cash bar, and a champagne toast. It will bring attention to the great strides that APA women have made in LA law firms and celebrate their hard work and positions of power in the legal profession! For more information or sponsorship opportunity, please contact Audra Mori at email@example.com. See flyer here.
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice will be hosting a Pan Asian Citizenship Event on Saturday, September 17, 2016 at the East Los Angeles Service Center, 133 N. Sunol Drive, Los Angeles, Ca 90063. They are still accepting volunteers. Please contact AAAJ-LA Pro Bono Director, Christina Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved! See flyer here.
The AAAJ-LA Annual Dinner will be held Thursday, October 6, 2016. If you’re interested in attending, come join TABA representatives! TABA will subsidize 25% of the ticket price for up to five (5) attendees! At this time, we only have two (2) seats left! First come, first served. Please email email@example.com.