Greetings TABA Members & Friends! We have some news to share with you, including, the arrival of TABA’s newest members, babies Link Lambert and Alexandra Tan! Congratulations to their TABA Founding Member parents, Kat Khommarath and Judy Suwatanapongched! We hope this month is full of fun, new adventures for everyone!
TABA NEWS, EVENTS AND REMINDERS
- TABA, in partnership with the Thai Community Development Center and Homelessness Prevention Attorney, Ami Nguyen, will be present a Tenant’s Rights Community Information Sessions on Saturday, October 15, 2016, at the Hollyview Senior Housing building, 3rd Floor Community Room, 5411 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90027. Amy will discuss issues related to illegal evictions, fair housing, and housing repairs. For more information or to RSVP, please contact Panida Rzonca at email@example.com, 323-468-2555.
- On Monday, December 5, 2016, TABA and APAWLA will offer an MCLE Training, “Nuts and Bolts of Human Trafficking for Pro Bono Attorneys”. The training will be lead by Kim Luu-Ng, Esq., founder and managing partner of the KLN Firm. The training will take place at the offices of Asian Americans Advancing Justice in Los Angeles. Two (2) MCLE Credits are available. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- If you are a current TABA member, please know that you will receive a ballot to place your vote for nominees to the TABA Board of Governors and Officers! TABA Elections will be held on November 1, 2016 (exactly one week before the U.S. Presidential Election). Exercise your right to vote!
- TABA is excited to announce that its Networking Cocktail Reception at NAPABA is sponsored by Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch LLP! The reception will take place on Friday, November 4, 2016, from 6:30 – 8:00 PM at the Odysea Lounge at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel, 1 Park Blvd., San Diego, CA 92101. A flyer with further details is forthcoming. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Join or renew your Membership with TABA! If you sign up between now and the end of the 2016 year, your membership will count towards 2017. Thank you!
TABA IN ACTION
- It’s that time of year again; TABA is happy to take part in the annual APA Holiday Toy Drive at the Japanese American National Museum, 100 North Central Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90012 on Thursday, December 1, 2016. If you would like to volunteer alongside TABA members, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TABA is proud to co-sponsor the Diversity Mixer hosted by the Inclusion & Diversity Committee of the San Fernando Valley Bar Association. This networking mixer will be held on Thursday, October 13, 2016, from 6:00 to 9:00 PM at The Gate at 16925 Ventura Boulevard in Encino. The event includes a complimentary drink, Mediterranean hors d’oeuvres and music. Please RSVP at https://2016diversitymixer.eventbrite.com.
- The Young Lawyers Section of the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles (WLALA) in conjunction with the University of Texas School of Law, is offering a complimentary, all-day, intensive workshop for law students, LLM’s, judicial clerks, and recent graduates. The event will take place at the LA office of Jones Day LLP at 555 South Flower Street. Please register at https://law.utexas.edu/cwil/events/los-angeles-institute/
- TABA’s sister organization, OCAABA, will host their Fall Membership Mixer on Tuesday, October 18, 2016, at Ten Asian Bistro at 4647 MacArthur Blvd., Newport Beach, CA 92660. The event is complimentary for all joining/renewing OCAABA members.