posted on Monday, July 14, 2014
Hope you've all had a cool summer thus far!! As always TABA will be participating in some upcoming events -
1. SCCLA Summer Associate MixerSCCLA is hosting their annual Summer Associate Mixer THIS WEDNESDAY 7/16/14!! Here are the details - it looks to be an interesting event as there will be Prizes, Mock Interviews, and Free Food!!
Bonaventure Brewing Co.
Westin Bonaventure Hotel
4th Floor Pool Deck Level
404 S. Figueroa Street, Suite 418A
Los Angeles, CA 90071
TABA is sponsoring the event, so it'd be great to see some familiar faces there!
2. US Attorney's Office Application PanelThe U.S. Attorney’s Office (“USAO”) is hosting an Application Panel on Wednesday, July 16, 2014 from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm. The panel will consist of Assistant U.S. Attorneys (“AUSAs”), including some from the USAO hiring committee, who will explain the basics of being an AUSA, what the Civil and Criminal Divisions want from strong candidates, when the USAO is hiring again, etc. This event will be open to everyone. They would love to see TABA at this event!
3. APAWLA Interview WorkshopThis event is for anyone who is applying for jobs and/or would like to brush up on interviewing skills!! This great event will be on July 20, 2014 at 10.30am at Loyola Law School. It will be FREE for TABA members to attend this event!! This workshop is designed to focus on Asian American and Pacific Islander Women lawyers and law students!! RSVP's ARE REQUIRED. Visit www.apawla.org for more information and to RSVP!! Attached is the flier.
4. Advancing Justice LA's Annual DinnerOnce again, it's almost time for the Advancing Justice LA dinner. Last year, we had approximately half a table. Here are the details if you are interested in attending.
Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Los Angeles
31st Anniversary Dinner
Thursday, October 23, 2014
The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
Dinner Chair: Noel Massie, President, UPS Southern California District, United Parcel Service
The price of the table is $1,500, which includes 10 tickets to the dinner & name recognition on the invitation, program journal, and web site.
The deadline to commit is Friday, August 15, 2014.
You can also buy individual tickets. However, there is still a good amount of time; and there will be more details as the deadline approaches.
posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Here are TABA's updates for June!
1. TABA MixerIt has definitely been a long time since we've all gotten together to hang out for a good ol' time. So we've set a social/mixer date for June 27th, 2014 @ Max Karaoke Studio in Little Tokyo. This is a Friday night so you can let loose without having to worry too much about work the next day!!
Here are the details:
TABA Karaoke Social / Mixer
8-11pm Friday, June 27, 2014
Max Karaoke Studio
Little Tokyo Galleria Shopping Center
333 S Alameda Street #216
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Free for TABA members
$15 for non-members
The more the merrier! Some drinks and snacks will be provided, however, we encourage you to BYOB. Thanks to our sponsor Foley & Lardner LLP for their support! SEE YOU THERE!!!
2. NAPABA and APIA VoteNAPABA and APIA Vote has teamed up to offer regional trainings for voter registration and civic engagement programs. They will be in Los Angeles on June 28 and will offer trainings to community members. If you are interested in participating, you can go to this website to check it out: www.apiavote.org/leadership-training
3. 2014 Executive Advisory Council LuncheonAdvancing Justice - LA will be hosting the Executive Advisory Council Luncheon at their office (1145 Wilshire Blvd, 1st Floor Community Room, Los Angeles, CA 90017) on July 31 from 11:30-1:30. If you would like to attend, please RSVP by July 15th by emailing Hilary Low at email@example.com.
4. Advancing Justice - LA's Annual DinnerAs you may or may not know, Advancing Justice - LA is one of the leaders in the Asian American legal community and every year they host a ginormous gala dinner that is beyond fantastic. Everyone in the API legal community attends and it's a great time to network, see familiar faces, and have fun.
Advancing Justice has invited us to attend their dinner again this year. It will be on October 23, 2014 at the Bonaventure Hotel in DTLA. If you are interested in attending, please RSVP by August 15, 2014. There's plenty of time to decide. If enough people would like to go, we can make a TABA table as well.